LITERARY ARTISTS GUILD OF ALASKA. Records; 1981-1982. .2 cu. ft.
The Literary Artists Guild of Alaska was established in 1981 by Anchorage poet, Ann Chandonnet, to be a forum for Alaskan writers. Its activities included organizing workshops and conferences for Alaskan writers, and promoting and publicizing the works and products of Alaskan writers. The Guild's president was Ann Chandonnet. Board members included literary artists: Albert Ningeulook (Shishmaref), Mary Baron (Fairbanks), Dale Stirling (Anchorage), Nancy Brown (Anchorage), and Annie Garrett (Anchorage). The Guild was disbanded in December, 1982, because of a lack of participation.
The records are arranged in five series. The first series consists of correspondence, primarily of Ann Chandonnet and Dale Stirling. The second is of newspaper clippings relating to the organization and its activities. The third series contains copies of the articles and certificate of incorporation. The fourth series, Photographs/Graphics, contains two photographs relating to an organization gathering as well as their logo and a membership card. The fifth series consists of the organization newsletter.
This collection was deposited in the archives by Ann Chandonnet and Dale Stirling in 1984.
CORRESPONDENCE (Folder A):
1. Letter dated 2-23-81 to board member Dale Stirling from LAGA president Ann Chandonnet.
2. Letter dated 3-30-81 to Alaska Department of Commerce, Division of Corporations from LAGA president Ann Chanddnnet.
3. Letter dated 3-31-81 to Randall Ackley, Vice President, Alaska Poetry Society from Stephanie Schoenfeldt.
4. Letter dated 4-15-81 to board member Dale Stirling from LAGA president Ann Chandonnet.
5. Letter dated 4-17-81 to Carol Derfner, Director, Anchorage Arts CouncLI from LAGA president Ann Chandonnet.
6. Letter dated 4-20-81 to Stephanie Schoenfeldt, Treasurer, Alaska Poetry Society from LAGA president Ann Chandonnet.
7. Letter dated 4-21-81 to Dennis Walle, archivist, University of Alaska, Anchorage from board member Dale Stirling.
8. Letter dated 4-24-81 to Ann Chandonnet, LAGA president from board member Dale Stirling.
9. Memo dated 4-25-81 to LAGA board members from LAGA president Ann Chandonnet.
10. Letter dated 4-28-81 to LAGA president Ann Chandonnet from Pat Dye.
11. Letter dated 5-6-81 to Arturo Jacobs, District Director IRS, from LAGA president Ann Chanddnnet.
12. Letter dated 5-13-81 to Arturo Jacobs, District Director IRS, from LAGA president Ann Chandonnet.
13. Letter dated 5-30-81 to LAGA president Ann Chandonnet from Pat Dye.
NEWSPAPER CLIPPINGS (Folder B):
1. "New Poet Laureate writes of Alaska" Anchorage Times. 3-8-81, Section P, pq. I
2. "Alaska Poet Margaret Meilke Commemorated at Reading" Anchorage Times, 4-26-81, Section J, pg. 5.
3. "Artists Find Space, Supplies and Creativity at the Colony" Anchorage Times, 5-31-81, Section I, pg. 1.
4. "Chamber of Conmerce will Honor the Arts Sunday" Anchorage Daily News, 5-4-81, Section E, pg. 10.
5. "May 10 Festivities will Fete the Arts" Anchorage Times 5-3-81, Section E, pg. 1.
6. "Artists Guild Gets Charter" Anchorage Times, n.d., n.p.
7. "Arts Testimony Scheduled" Anchorage Times 8-'L9-81, Section D, pg. 4.
8. "Literary Artists Guild Meeting Features Variety of Speakers" Anchorage Daily News, 1-10-82, n.p.
9. "Literary Artists Plan Workshops" Anchorage Daily News 10-22-81, n.p.
10. "Alaska's Writers Push For More Recognition of Works" Anchorage Times, n.d., n.p.
INCORPORATION DATA (Folder C):
1. Certificate of Incorporation dated April 14, 1981.
2. Articles of Incorporation.
PHOTOGRAPHS/GRAPHICS (Folder D):
1. Ann Chandonnet, LAGA President, at the Northway Mall, Honor the Arts Night, 5-10-81.
2. Dale Stirling, LAGA Board Member, at the Northway Mall, Honor the Arts Night, 5-10-81.
3. LAGA Logo-1981.
4. LAGA membership card.
LITERARY ARTISTS GUILD NEWSLETTERS (Folder E):
1. Memo #2 dated 10-7-80.
2. Memo # 3 dated 11-3-80.
3. Memo #4 dated 12-29-80.
4. Memo #5 dated 3-15-81.
5. Memo #5 dated 5-28-81.
6. Memo #6 dated 7-27-81.
7. The Upstart Crow, Issue 1, 10-1-81.
8. The Upstart Crow Issue 2, 11-1-81.
9. The Upstart Crow Issue 3, Dec. 1981-Jan. 1982.
10. The Upstart Crow Issue 3, February 1982.
11. The Upstart Crow Issue 5, March 1982.
12. The Upstart Crow Issue 6, April 1982.
13. The Upstart Crow Issue 7, May 1982.
14. The Upstart Crow Issue 8, June 1982.
15. The Upstart Crow Issue 8, July-August 1982.
16. The Upstart Crow Issue 9, September 1982.
17. The Upstart Crow Issue 10, October 1982.
18. The Upstart Crow Issue 11, November 1982.
19. The Upstart Crow Issue 12, December 1982.