POTTER SECTION HOUSE. Report and Plans; 1980, 1986. .1 cu. ft.
The Potter Section House was built in 1929 on Potter Creek at mile 100.6 on the Alaska Railroad. Its purpose was to house the section foreman and the crew who serviced the section of the railroad between Potter and the Campbell section house at three and a half miles south of Anchorage at mile 109.3 of the railroad. The Potter Section House is the only section house built on the Alaska Railroad which has survived at its original location. In 1979, it was declared eligible for the National Register of Historic Places and a preservation effort was begun which resulted in the section house becoming a museum and visitor's center in 1987.
The collection consists of a copy of a report recommending the preservation and reuse of the Potter Section House, written by the Municipal Historic Landmarks Preservation Committee. There is also a Potter Section House "Site Development Plan" and two site maps created by the Alaska Department of Natural Resources, Division of Parks and Recreation.
The collection was transferred to the archives from the Consortium Library's Technical Services Department in 1989.