ROBERT WETHERN. Papers; n.d., 1973, 1977-1989, 1992. .1 cu. ft.
This collection consists of papers of Robert Wethern relating to proposed articles or books concerning the life of Grenold Collins, an Alaskan wildlife agent, guide, pilot, and sportsman. Included are a draft of Robert Wethern's biographical article on Collins; a profile of Collins by Lee Richardson; excerpts from the proposed text of a book entitled, The Waterfowler's Pacific Flyway; correspondence between Robert Wethern, Grenold Collins, and others, concerning proposed articles or books, and other matters; a copy of a memorial article on Collins by Robert Wethern in the Flyfisher's Club of Oregon newsletter; and a black and white photograph of Grenold Collins.
The collection was presented to the archives by Robert Wethern in 1994. A deed of gift was signed in 1995.
Series 1. Articles and Notes; n.d., 1978, 1980, 1992. .1 cu. ft.
1. Grenold Collins - A Profile by Lee Richardson; ca.
The cover letter transmitting the profile was written by Lee Richardson to Bob Wethern.
2. Quotes from Taping Session (tape machine off); November 12, 1978.
3. Suggested Opening for an Article on Collins Air; ca. 1980.
4. Excerpt from "Coastal Alaska, Earliest Years" for the Far North section of The Waterfowler's Pacific Flyway.
5. Excerpt from Proposed Text of "Coastal Alaska, Contemporary Times" Chapter, of The Far North section of The Waterfowler's Pacific Flyway.
6. Memorial Article on Grenold Collins; ca. 1992.
Series 2. Correspondence; 1977- 1994. .1 cu. ft.
1. Correspondence; 1977-1980. 51 items.
This file primarily contains correspondence between Bob Wethern and Grenold Collins. Also, included are letters written by, and/or to, Richard Abel, Lauren R. Donaldson, Richard Russell, Fred and Dorothy, and Bob Smith.
2. Correspondence; n.d., 1983-1989. 29 items.
This file primarily contains correspondence between Bob Wethern and Grenold Collins. Other correspondents are David Hagerbaumer and Roger Bachman.
Series 3. Photograph; 1973. .1 cu. ft.
1. Photograph; 1973. 1 item.
This is a photograph (b/w, 3.5 X 5 inch) of Grenold Collins and an unidentified person at the Fly Fisher's Club of Oregon in 1973.