ANCHORAGE VETERANS MEMORIAL COMMITTEE. Alden Todd Files; 1997-2001. .2 cu. ft.
The Anchorage Veterans Memorial, located on the Delaney Park Strip, was dedicated on Memorial Day, May 28, 2001, The memorial was designed by Cordova artist Joan Bugbee and represents the first life sized statue of a soldier in Alaska. The memorial was conceived by Bob Bowden, with the support of many local veterans. The project was organized by the Alaska AFL-CIO and co-sponsored by the American Ex-POWs of Alaska. Alden Todd, himself a veteran of World War II, served as a member of the Monument Committee.
This collection contains records compiled by Mr. Alden Todd during his service on the Anchorage Veterans Memorial Committee. Included in the records are committee meeting minutes, fundraising materials, promotional materials, invitation lists, dedication plans, and a copy of the artist's resume.
This collection was donated to the archives by Alden Todd in 2001.
1. Joan Bugbee Jackson, artist's resume; n.d.
2. Committee Meeting Minutes; June 1997-May2001.
3. Fundraising Dinner; January 2001.
4. Programs and promotional materials; 2001.
5. Memorial dedication invitation list; April 2001.
6. Memorial dedication music, USAF Band of the Pacific; January 2001.
7. Clippings; 2000-2001.