Skip navigation

Historical Manuscripts Collection List »

Guide to the California-Mexican-Alaska Holding Company letter to stockholders
1929 January 26

Collection number: HMC-0795.
Creator: California-Mexican-Alaska Holding Company.
Title: California-Mexican-Alaska Holding Company letter to stockholders.
Date: 1929 January 26.
Volume of collection: 0.02 cubic feet. 
Language of materials: Collections materials in English.
Collection summary: Letter from company with permit rights in the oil fields of Katalla.

Organizational history:
The California-Mexican-Alaska Holding Company held permit rights in the oil fields of Katalla, Alaska. The company was dissolved in January 1929 and its assets sold to a newly formed corporation, the Alaska Coal, Oil & By-Products Company.

Collection description:
The collection consists of a carbon copy of a letter to stockholders of the California-Mexican-Alaska Holding Company. The letter is signed by Peter A. McDonald from an address in Seattle. It announces the dissolution of the company, the sale of its interests to the Alaska Coal, Oil & By-Products Company, the exchange of stocks in the old company for those in the new company, and the holdings and personnel of the new company. The new company held permits on 12,000 acres in the Katalla oil field and 2,500 acres of coal land. The letter lists the names and summarizes the backgrounds of five engineers of the new company. Their names are: D. J. Evans, M. H. Murray, W. C. Kirkpatrick and L. A. Phillipi.

Digitized copies: Digital copies of collection material not available online. For information about obtaining digital copies, please contact Archives and Special Collections.

Rights note: The Archives does not own copyright to this collection.

Preferred citation: California-Mexican-Alaska Holding Company letter to stockholders, Archives and Special Collections, Consortium Library, University of Alaska Anchorage.

Acquisition note: The collection was acquired by the archives at auction in 2005.

Processing information: This collection was described by Jeffery Sinnott in 2005. Collection description revised by Mariecris Gatlabayan in 2011.