REPRODUCTION POLICIES AND FEES
Conditions of use for reproductions:
- Reproductions are for one-time use only and may be used only for the use approved by Archives and Special Collection.
- Archives and Special Collections must be contacted for permission before reproductions are used for any other purpose than the approved use.
- Reproduction and commercial use fees may apply.
- Archives and Special Collections may refuse reproduction requests for materials to which we do not own copyright. Limitations on copying/reproducing some records are dictated by law (privacy, copyright, etc.), collection restrictions, institutional regulations, department policy, or the condition of the records. In some cases, patrons may be asked to fill out a statement of release before reproductions of such materials are provided.
- Reproductions used in any publication or quoted in any work must include the proper citation provided by Archives and Special Collections.
- If reproductions are published, a copy of the publication must be provided to Archives and Special Collections upon completion.
- Reproductions may not be deposited in any other archives, manuscripts repository, or library or transferred to any other individual or organization
- Digital images made for online use will be limited to low-resolution images at 72 ppi.
- Watermarks may be included on digital images at the discretion of Archives and Special Collections and must not be removed.
How to request a copy or reproduction of materials from our collections:
- Contact us with your request for photocopies or reproduction requests. Include the collection name or image identifier and how you intend to use the reproductions provided.
- Staff will direct you to the appropriate reproduction and use forms to fill out.
- All photocopying and scanning will be done by departmental staff.
FEES FOR REPRODUCTION AND COPYING
Mailing fees will apply to any hard copy orders (including cd/dvd) not picked up at Archives.
|Paper copies (black & white, legal or letter) from manuscripts, archives, and rare books per page:||$0.50|
|Paper copies (color) per page:||$1.00|
|Printer copies per page:||$0.10|
|Copies of larger format items are dependent on cost of outside copy services. Please consult Archives for more information.||Variable|
Prints and Scans:
|Scanned photograph*: (up to 100 ppi)||$10.00|
|Scanned document*: (up to 150 ppi) delivered as a pdf file per page||$0.50|
|Scanned photograph or document*: (over 100 ppi) delivered as a jpg or tiff file||$20.00|
|Scanned images and documents are generally delivered at no charge via a dedicated URL on our website. Scans may be saved to cd.||$3.00 (per cd)|
|*Scans of original materials larger than 8&1/2X11" may be subject to additional charges. Please consult the Archives for more information.||Variable|
Please note that Archives will provide only low-resolution images (under 100 ppi) for any non-commercial or commercial internet use.
Audio and Video Copies:
|Audio cassette to cassette copy (per cassette):
|Audio cassette to mp3 (per cassette):
|Reel-to-reel audio copy (cost depends on the
length of project)
Note: There will be an additional charge for creation of master if one does not exist.
|VHS to dvd copy, available only for collection materials with a VHS reference duplicate already made (price includes dvds and mailing)||$30.00|
|Other moving image copies: Cost dependent on media type and length of footage. Consult Archives for more information.||Variable|
Shipping, Handling, and Rush Orders:
|Mailing and Handling Charges (per mailing: USA and Canada)||$3.00|
|Mailing and Handling Charges (per mailing: International) Consult Archives for more information.||Variable|
|Rush Projects: Some rush projects may result in additional vendor fees, costs that will be passed on to the researcher. Consult Archives for more information.||Variable|