Click on it to see it bigger!
And since we’d be bad archivists if we didn’t cite our own stuff… Clockwise from the upper left:
1. Captains Glenn & Culp, near Portage Bay, 1898. Photographer: Walter C. Mendenhall. Edwin F. Glenn papers.
2. Fur Rendezvous Queen, 1958. Photographer: Donald Arthur Post. Donald Arthur Post slides.
3. Katherine & Jack Claypool, in either Circle City of Tanana, date unknown. Charles E. Claypool photographs.
4. Dr. Fraser & Irene Lindsay in the Lindsay Hotel, Porcupine, Alaska, circa 1899-1907. Sally Irene Lindsay photographs. Photograph made available by the family of Winella and James A. Vibbert.
5. Unknown man pushing sled of supplies near Homer, Alaska, date unknown. Ann & Robert Mounteer papers.
6. “Jack the Barber” at Independence Mine, 1939. Russ Dow papers.
All of the above images (and more besides!) are available through the Alaska’s Digital Archives.
Archives Loves Memes!