At least 13 Federal agencies conduct research in the Arctic. Research by those agencies as well as State, local, industry, and non-governmental organizations is accelerating in Alaska and other parts of the Arctic. Coordination of the Federal efforts is the responsibility of the Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee (IARPC). The IARPC’s Arctic Research Plan: FY2013-2017 focuses on research expected to benefit from interagency collaboration; considerable research conducted by single agencies is not included. The Five-Year Plan focuses on seven priority areas: sea ice and marine ecosystem studies; terrestrial ecosystem studies; atmospheric studies effecting energy flux; observing systems; regional climate models; adaptation tools for sustaining communities; and human health. This webinar will include a brief overview of the Five-Year Plan followed by comments and questions from participants.
Click here to view the IARPC plan on the web
To hear the audio presentation during the webinar:
1) With a regular telephone dial: 1- (877) 594-8353
2) When prompted, enter the Participant passcode: 83847342
Please mute your phone during the presentation and do not put us on hold. The audio is very sensitive and your external conversations, typing, and hold music can be heard by other participants. Thank You!
To view the presentation during the webinar:
1) Point your web browser to: http://infiniteconferencing.com/Events/accap/. This software will work for both Mac and PC users. You may be prompted to turn off Pop-Up Blockers. In most cases you can right click on the pop-up blocker and click on the “Allow pop-up blocker” message. For best results, please connect to the internet with Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer. Chrome users may occasionally experience instability.
2) Enter Participant Code 8384734.
3) Enter the rest of the requested information (The name and organization you enter will be seen by other participants, but your contact information will remain confidential)
4) Click the blue “log-in” button For support during a call, press *0 on your phone and a conferencing coordinator will assist you.