Welcome to a new semester at UAA! As a student you may have questions about your student ID, what support resources you have access to, and who to ask for help. Following are answers to these questions and more!
1) me.uaa.Alaska.edu is the website you can go to find your username, and reset your password. As a student, this username and password will be your log in for Blackboard, your UAA email account, and Library computer internet access, and Library databases from outside of the Consortium Library.
2) Your WolfCard/student ID is your Library Card. Use this to check out books from the Consortium Library and the Anchorage Public Library branches.
3) Your WolfCard has $12.00 for printing on campus if you are registered as a student at UAA. You can use this to print at the Consortium Library, or in the Computer Labs on campus. This $12 comes from your Tech Fee payment.
4) You can get your WolfCard / student ID at the front desk at the Consortium Library. You can also get replacement WolfCards here.
5) You can place holds on items from Southcentral and Southeast Alaskan libraries by using your student ID number as a username, and the last four numbers of your student ID as the PIN (Personal Identification Number).
6) You can look up what textbooks and other course materials are on Reserve at the Consortium Library and the Learning Resources Center (LRC), located in the Sally Monserud Bldg, by searching the Library Catalog for Course Reserves.
7) Reference Librarians are here to help you during most hours that the Library is open.
8) You can set up research consultations for one-on-one research help with a subject librarian. To find the list of subject-resource specialist librarians, go to http://consortiumlibrary.org/about/directory/liaisons.php
So, if you have ANY questions about UAA, finding information, deciding on a subject for a paper or presentation, writing a bibliography/list of references, or identifying resources for further assistance on a multitude of topics, ask a librarian! Call 786-1848 to speak with a librarian, or select Ask A Librarian at www.consortiumlibrary.org. Librarians are here to support you in your research success at UAA! Please ask!
I wish you abundant success in your academic and professional careers. To discover more about resources, faculty, staff, campus support and opportunities, listen to my KRUA Informania radio show this semester, Mondays at 9am, and repeated Thursdays at 5pm.
If you have questions or suggestions for a radio show guest or topic, email Deb the Librarian at dlmole@uaa.Alaska.edu. And remember, if you can Imagine it, you can Become it!